Thursday, March 01, 2007

Beacon Hill Park

(We are going through envelopes of Laurie's old photos, in the pre-blogging days, having good ones loaded onto my hard drive. Periodically, I will be posting some of these. Today, for example:)


These are from Victoria's Beacon Hill Park, around the year 2000.

I recognize the site, but it still looks to me like something out of a fantasy novel; no real place could look that stylized! Even the pigeons look posed.

That large, greyish bird across the stream is a white peacock. Here, I'll have him turn around for you:


I don't know if this is a breed, or if he's albino. (With a tint of pink. Some hanky-panky with flamingos back in his ancestry?)










It's hard work, keeping our enthusiastic B.C. vegetation cropped and shaven and orderly.

And everybody needs a nap sometime.

Tomorrow: back to the real world. Rainy days, mud and weeds. And hopefully, a duck or two.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures do look like paradise! The white peacock is magnificent.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger