Friday, February 16, 2007

Call for submissions, URGENT!

To all you "Good Planets" contributors, an extension and a request:

So far, for tomorrow's edition, I have received a grand total of 9 photos. I know that submission via the carnivals link has a deadline of noon today, but if you send photos directly to me, (susannah at dccnet dot com) I can get them in as long as they're here by midnight or thereabouts. I could even edit the post to add latecomers, but no later than mid-morning Saturday.

Maybe I scared people off with the introduction of a theme. Or maybe everybody is just too busy. It happens.

However, this might help:

Robin posted, in DharmaBums, "When I think about air, I think of birds soaring in it, the wind bending trees, or the fluttering petals of a flower. What do you think?"
Good thoughts. Thanks, Robin. I have a couple of photos that illustrate those last two. I'll dig them out, if no-one else sends one.

I could also imagine other illustrations: windmills, flying insects, kites, bending grasses, bubbles, (water spiders with their air bubbles), flying squirrels, flying snakes and of course, birds of all sorts.

What do you have in your files?

While I'm at it, here are a few ideas I had about next week's theme of fire. Sunsets and sunrises, of course. Several people have thought of that. But how about earth-based fires and fire-lookalikes: lightning, volcanoes, forest fires (they do have their usefulness, and their beauty), bonfires, coal fires, torches, candles, for example? And products of fire: fresh-baked cookies, tortillas, pottery and porcelain, blown glass ...

This old earth is a wonderful place. Wild and strange in places, homely and roll-up-your-sleeves practical in others. See what you come up with.

And pass the word on!

... checking my e-mail...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for being sluggish in rounding up photos for Good Planets. We have been contending with a snow/sleet/ice storm this week and have spent days shoveling out!
    Christina Rossetti has a lovely little poem about wind (which is air, after all!).

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger