Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas cheer

And here we are: it's Christmas again.

Warm Christmas greetings.

A personal note: I cross-stitched this cedar waxwing (from a kit) almost 50 years ago, while I convalesced from an illness at a difficult time. The little bird has always represented, to me, healing and hope for better times. In this spirit, I offer it at the end of this difficult year of 2021.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y estamos otra vez en la Navidad.

Deseándoles tranquilidad y gozo en esta temporada.

Una nota personal: hice este ampelis en punto de cruz (de un kit) hace casi 50 años, mientras convalescía después de una enfermedad y en una época de la vida difícil. El pajarito siempre ha representado para mi, recuperación y esperanza de tiempos mejores. En este espíritu lo ofrezco al final de este año 2021, tan desalientador.


3 comments:

  1. I'm a little late to this Christmas party, but I hope you enjoyed you had a pleasant Navidad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quiet season: I came down with a mild case of Covid; triple-vaccinated and all, but my landlord and his wife, upstairs, also vaccinated and careful, caught it from work. Pleasant enough, though; on the phone and the web with family and friends.

      I hope you and your family are all well and enjoying the snow.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I spent much of it hunkered down because of the, you know, disease, but otherwise enjoying the snow!

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger