Wednesday, June 20, 2007

How I spent my summer vacation

I know, summer hasn't started yet. And I think we're staying home and sweltering this year.

But I can remember, and wish. Can't I?

In July of 2005, we spent a week in Bella Coola. We drove across the Lower Mainland to Horseshoe Bay, took the ferry to Nanaimo, and drove north to the tip of Vancouver Island. Spent the night in Port Hardy, and caught an early-morning ferry to Bella Coola, an all-day trip.

I had promised Laurie great weather, "It's always hot in the summer in Bella Coola," I swore. And the trip up was warm and sunny. When we disembarked, it was starting to rain. And it rained, and poured, and stormed for the entire week, including the ferry trip back.

Still, we had a few hours of in-between-downpours.

I'd like to share some of our photos from the trip with you.
That first morning, starting out on the ferry from Horseshoe Bay. Morning mist low over the water.
A fellow passenger, and an oatmeal sea.
Green water, barnacles and seaweed at a ferry landing.

Next post: open water, seabirds and a Sasquatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger