Friday, December 15, 2017

Persisting

Some plants just won't give up. On Tyee Spit, the rosebushes are bare sticks, the Queen Anne's lace is reduced to dry, brown heads on empty stalks. Only the grass is green; the blades will stay green, even sleeping under a snow coverlet, although there will be no new flowering heads until next year. But the gumweed is stubborn. Winter? Freezing nights? No light? So what?

You never know! A bee just might come by: we're ready for him!

Three new flower heads on the way.

Grasses and yarrow, sleeping.

3 comments:

  1. Dried seed heads are still beautiful. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are Yarrow heads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Too sleepy! I'll correct the post.

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger