Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Failed camouflage

Golden-crowned sparrow, with rose hips.

On Tyee Spit

For most of the year, these wild rose bushes on Tyee Spit are full of the twitterings and flittings of small birds, mostly invisible, though I stand straining my eyes to catch a glimpse of one. There are fewer in the winter; I expect most have moved inland to the backyard bird feeders. But at least those few hold-outs are visible. For now. Until it snows and fills in the gaps between branches.

1 comment:

  1. Our Song Sparrow has abandoned us already. Guess it has moved on since I can't leave seed out with the blue jay hanging around still. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger