Monday, October 16, 2017

Vain hopes

I found this fat spider behind my bed this afternoon. She's planning on rearing a large family; three egg sacs full!

But not behind my bed, she isn't!

A lamp cord makes a handy nursery.

I may be a good neighbour and move her broods carefully to a more appropriate home. Sorry, little mother, but I don't want a hundred spiderlings in my bed!

(Posted to Arachtober.)

UPDATE: She's been moved, with her brood, to a large glass jar. Just in time; an hour later, I checked to see how she's settling in, and there are a dozen or so spiderling specks wandering about, even ballooning!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm glad she relocated. Spiders are helpful but not behind one's bed.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger