Saturday, October 21, 2017

Between the raindrops

If you don't like BC fall weather, wait a minute. Today it rained, changed its mind, blew a bit, rained again. A fog settled down, then lifted, then the rain came back. Just before sunset, the sun popped in for a few minutes, and made a rainbow.

6:01. Sunset was due in 18 minutes.

5 minutes later. The other end of the rainbow, over Quadra Island. It was starting to rain again.

Looking back west; for a few minutes, the sky was blue.

For the morning, they're promising us 100% chance of rain, and blustery winds. Sounds about right.

A Skywatch post.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 am

    Love seeing the rainbow there. I said to Roger yesterday, "The best part of the rainy season... rainbows!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday it cleared just enough for us to enjoy the arrival of the Canada C3 ship in Powell River. They stopped to see the canoe carving project going on at Willingdon Beach. It's a joint effort reconciliation project with the Sliammon First Nation. Did you get to see the ship when it was in Campbell River a few days ago? - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see the ship, out in the Strait, and wondered about it; I hadn't heard it was coming, so didn't know what I was seeing.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done. You got both the rainbow and its reflection in the water.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger