Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Double double

Speeding past Lake Roberts on the highway a few miles north of Campbell River, drivers catch a glimpse of blue water, bits of sky behind the trees. I took the side road instead, down almost at the water level, and was fascinated by the reflections from that angle.

Clear, still water. Mount Menzies in the background.

Another angle. A stand of deciduous trees makes a spear point.

Faces and insects and maybe a spider?

At the far end of the lake, even a wisp of mist is reflected. And a couple of people in a boat.

The sunny end of the lake. More odd shapes. I see a butterfly, a beaver, a dragonfly, and a doll with her hair on end.

Looking down; three-way reflections.


3 comments:

  1. Haha, i wouldn't have seen the face and spider in a million years if you hadn't pointed them out. What a still lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calm days are so spectacular. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:34 am

    These are truly beautiful reflections.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger