Thursday, August 27, 2015

Least chipmunk

So tiny, and so perky! The Least Chipmunk weighs 66 grams or less, and can run at almost 8 kph. Wherever I stopped for more than a few minutes in the Chilcotin, I met up with one or more.

On the side of the road near Cache Creek

... least chipmunks are commonly found in sagebrush habitats and coniferous woodland, and along rivers, but they also occur in alpine meadows, and on the edges of the northern tundra. (Wikipedia)

A breakfast of rose hips. Near Tatla Lake.

Rose hips; tomorrow's breakfast

(I've been using the pocket camera on the road. And the laptop's iffy screen for processing, so the photos may be too bright or too dark; I can't really tell until I get home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger