Tuesday, August 04, 2015

999,957

Almost a million!

Blogger tells me that's how many page views they've counted for this blog. Almost a million!

I know, it's just a number. And it may not even be all that accurate. And some silly YouTube videos reach that number of views in a few days, whereas I've been blogging here for over 9 years.

Still, it's sort of exciting. Like a milestone on the highway that you stop to take a photo of, with you sitting on it, or parking your mascot on top, or gazing off into the distance, pretending not to have set the camera on auto-timer.

And then you get back in the car and go on; it's just a marker, and you're going somewhere more interesting.

Which I'm doing now. Can't stop here. Back in the car, and off we go! There's more to be seen ahead!

Climbing Barnacle Mountain. There's a ways to go, yet.



7 comments:

  1. Happy Million, Susannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bev. It just hit the round million a couple of minutes ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think that's so cool! and I thoroughly enjoy your blog. Here's to many more years of blogging and another million views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun.

    I like it when my read count hits palindromes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:08 am

    That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You probably would have hit it much sooner if it weren't for RSS and other subscription options available. My views, for instance, would only count when I log in to comment. Congrats all the same and thanks for keeping this blog beautiful (photography) and informative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all! Tim, that's true, and to compensate for that, there are all those bots and spiders that roam around reading but not being people.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger