Monday, March 16, 2015

Tiniest hermit

I caught just a hint of movement in the depths of a ruined holdfast. Hermit-type movement; the constant flick of antennae and waving pincers, in a place where none of my smallest hermits can fit.

I had to wait, but eventually, "Tiny" came out to get a look at the world. (They do love to climb!)

"I'm the king of this castle!"

The hermit crabs below him are a couple of the smaller hairies, in half-inch mud snail shells. Tiny is wearing a new Nassa shell, in blue and pink. These shells lose their colour as they grow, and are usually a mix of greys and off-white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger