Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weathered leftovers

More photos from the vacant lot: things found underfoot.

In an abandoned cement ring, water, seeds and other detritus is caught in a spider web. I liked the patterns reflected in the water droplets.

Just a dying leaf, belly up.

Zooming in to show the pattern

Leaves and a Nike hoodie. I often find good clothes here, just dropped as if on a bedroom floor.

Well, fire-starting stuff, anyway. Part of a 4'x8' sign for "Luxury Duplexes".

Face under leaves. Another part of the sign.

Some of the vacant lot critters, tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You are one of the main bloggers to inspire me to look at details I might otherwise ignore when I'm taking pictures. I love these kinds of posts.

    And I've never seen water do that in spider webs before; very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the reflections in the water droplets in the spiderweb!! And the patterns in the leaf! the rest of it, I am not so sure...
    In the next post, you have some dramatic skies as backdrop to the leaves!! I love those sorts of days!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger