Saturday, February 08, 2014

Say, "Ahhh!"

Crustaceans have the most confusing mouths of any critter I've seen; jammed full of hairs and grabbers and feelers and assorted crunchers, and always, always, always in motion. Sometimes a crab will face the camera and stop waving assorted appendages for a second or two; hermits almost never. So I was surprised and pleased when one of the big grainy hand hermits decided to show me his "tonsils".

"Aaaahhh!"
 Zooming in:

Thank you, big guy. But I'm glad I'm not your dentist!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger