Friday, January 17, 2014

A quartet of worms

This communal housing project turned up at the front wall of the aquarium the other day.

4 (or more) jointed three-section tubeworms, Spiochaetopterus costarum, maybe

Each worm has two tentacles, which he waves about, catching dinner. They often build their tubes in sand, but they do like broken snail shells. Even when they're occupied by a hermit crab, as in this video from 2011.

(YouTube used to run it properly; now it's taken to pasting text for only a second or two and leaving us with a blank screen for another 6. I think I'll have to re-make the video.)

I'm busy with some other mini-critters from the tank, which I may turn into a video, if they co-operate.

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger