Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ow!

My face is a mass of blisters. Painful blisters.

I went to the dermatologist this afternoon, to have him deal with old sun damage. (Actinic keratoses, hard crusty spots across my cheeks and nose.) He said my previous treatments had been "not aggressive enough". He fixed that, with a spray can of frozen nitrogen.

Ow, ow, ow, OW!

I never used to use sunscreen. 'Way back when I was young, nobody did; we used suntan oil, hoping for a nice, deep tan. It never worked for me. I burned.

And then, when sunscreen was available, I still didn't use it, because . . . crickets. No reason, except laziness. Now I have blisters, and they hurt worse than the worst sunburn I ever got.

Moral of the story: Don't forget the sunscreen, people!

Too late for this face. Driftwood, Boundary Bay.


2 comments:

  1. I have had to use a cream with flurouracile. This disrupts RNA duplication, and kills cells. The result at 4 weeks was a face scab.

    It did heal, and it was like I was a kid again! No wrinkles! I even had the occasional pimple for the first year afterwards. My beard was still gray, so I at least recognized myself in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dermatologist mentioned this. I've heard that it works, but I chickened out. Maybe if the freezing doesn't do the trick, I'll have to try it. No wrinkles does sound nice!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger