Monday, March 11, 2013

Coffee break photography

I've been working late; I took on a project that is turning out to be much more involved than I imagined, and I've had my nose to the grindstone day and night since Friday.

I took a couple of quick breaks to play with the camera. In the comments, a few days ago, Ceratina has been encouraging me to try recording in RAW, so this evening I took a few sample shots. And this morning (after 1:AM; time to be quitting, anyhow), I looked at them.

Wow! What a difference!

I've grabbed one at random, given it a quick shakedown to clean up the glass that I neglected to polish, and resized it. And here's the result:

Val, the burrowing anemone; detail of her column. She sticks pieces of shell and sand to it, but doesn't quite hide the warts.

Could be better, but that's the best photo I have seen of her yet, (check out the full size photo: right click/open in new tab) and the original is untouched, so I can re-process it when I have more time. The jpeg of the same shot was faded and noisy, and the colours were flatter.

And now, to bed. More grindstone work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger