Saturday, February 18, 2012

No dignity whatsoever

I never get tired of this ...

I barely got out of the car at White Rock, when the gulls far down the beach saw that I had a bag in my hand, leapt into the air, and came squalling and jostling to be the first to get handouts.

"Me first! Me, me, me!"

"Well? Are you going to share or aren't you?"

"We're waiting."

"That was mine! I saw it first! Mine, I tell you!"

And when I poured out the last crumbs, too small for their beaks, they turned up their noses and flew back to their sandy patch with nary a word of thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger