Monday, April 12, 2010

Not quite speechless

It's been warm and sunny for a few days; time to check out the spring flowers on the New Westminster Quay.

What can I say? They are so brilliant this year; I am overwhelmed.


Tulips come in many colours and shapes.




There's a spider in this narcissus. Do you see it?








Rhododendron.




Wallflower. We stopped to smell these, too. Mmmm!


The center of a tulip.


Yellow tulip.


Pansies


These monkey faces always make me laugh.


And, to clear our palates, a beautiful black rove beetle on grey cement. But look at the blue of the folded wings under his jacket.


And a sparrow, in delicate greys and browns. I needed that.

More later ...

2 comments:

  1. I did see the spider!!! Love these photos. Vibrant and muted colours all beautiful in their own perfect way, and the rich blue in that beetle was well worth clicking on. We are headed out Boundary Bay way today, and I'll be thinking of you and your wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh I just love this part of Spring!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger