Sunday, April 22, 2007

Busy, busy day, ending with beetles

A quick post, because I am so tired.

17 hours ago, we were on the road. First, the Fraser Valley Antique Fair in Queen's Park, New Westminster. We go to a fair every couple of months; the Fraser Valley one has been a favourite. It's a pity (from our point of view) that it seems to be gradually turning into a "Collectibles" fair. Bottles, postcards, sports cards, toys, "vintage" kitchen stuff. Interesting, in a way, but not the Japanese porcelain that Laurie is hunting.

He did find a nice teapot. Not antique, but old. And I picked up a pair of abalone salt shakers.

And saw this, that I liked, but have no place for: it's big!Laurie says they should have been ashamed, hanging that material up where kids -- kids! -- could see it.

Next, a stroll around the neighbourhood and the park, taking photos.

Coffee and shopping for organic foods, at 6th and 6th.

3:00 PM, a first birthday party. We didn't stay for supper, although the mole enchiladas they were making looked wonderful.

Birthday girl, getting ready to walk.

Home again. Out to do a first walk-around with the camera for the Bioblitz. It was cold and threatening to rain, so I brought in a couple of pine cones, shook them out and examined the beasties scurrying for cover. The usual millipedes, sowbugs, baby slugs. A frantic thing like a mini-daddy-longlegs. A bunch of black and white beetles, about 3.5 mm long. And an even tinier one I had never seen before, green and barely 0.8 mm long.

How to find out what that is, I am not sure. It can wait until tomorrow. I am going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger